
Adoption fundraiser Yard Sale
Day 1:
Preparing for this fundraiser has been months in the making! With many of our amazing friends and family donating to our sale my prayer for one packed garage was answered!
Being that this Yard Sale is a 2 day sale, I thought "Hey, Friday might be our "slow" day but that's ok. It would give us an extra day of selling and even if only a few things sold, that was a few dollars more than we had before. But as of late I have really started to struggle with fear in a new way. Fear induced by other peoples words. People naturally and not meaning any harm at all, question why I would have a Yard Sale on a Friday?? Well....that's what they do out here ;) At least , that's what I have seen. But then I started questioning myself. Then doubting...would anyone even show up?? Would we be sitting out there like fools with our yard totally loaded and not a person in sight? "Oh God, it really doesn't matter if I look a fool. I just pray that you will bless this sale. Please help us! Bless our efforts, Send us buyers so that we can raise the money we need to bring Selah home! Keep showing us that you are with us and will provide!"
We got up at 5am (Yikes! I know but there was ALOT of stuff!) to get everything out and organized. We officially started at 7am and right at 7am people started pulling up! It was NONE STOP all day! What was really amazing was sharing with others about our adoption journey and the bonds and connections we made with neighbors and people in our community that we had never made before! To watch and listen to God moving on their hearts, I never want to forget these precious moments!
When we finally wrapped things up for Day 1 and got everything loaded back inside, we got the money together and counted it up..........$500 WOW...ok $800...$900 "No way!".....$1000! Finally when every last piece of change was counted.....$1128!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!! That was just on Day 1...and on a FRIDAY!!! In a still small voice I could hear Him whisper to my heart " He who is able to do exceedingly beyond what we ask or think!" He loves to not only show up but to show in ways that we don't expect. How great is our God?!?
Day 2
It did not take very long for that fear to creep back in. How is that??? God just moved a major mountain and did a miracle, what a miracle it was! However we are made of flesh and in keeping it real I will be honest with you with my struggles. Fear DID creep back in and the next day I started having thoughts as we set back up. "Well, you sold most of your big stuff yesterday. Surly today wont be as good." What they heck kind of thoughts are those? Even if we did not do "as good", yesterday was such a BLESSING it should not matter! I quickly tossed those thoughts out. I would not allow them to have a place. This day belongs to the Lord as did yesterday. "God, I give you this day. Please bless it. May we be a blessing." Things started off slow then all of a sudden the WAVE hit! Things and people started moving all around. I must take a side note here to say we were also so incredibly blessed with people stopping by to visit to bring us lunch and to help watch our children for us. We could not have done this with out them. To those of you, you know who you are. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Thank you, Thank you!!
By the end of day 2 we brought in another $700 dollars!! For a grand total of $1828dollars !! But wait there is more...sense then there has been a few more things that have sold our total is now at $1900 dollars. PRAISE GOD!!!
It is just mind blowing, I started off with a secret hope that maybe just maybe we could earn $1000 over the 2 days. I really did not know if it was even possible and I was not holding onto any expectations, I just turned it over to God the great provider asking that he would help us and provide. Not only did He provide but he near doubled it :)
That leaves us at $2700 to go to cover our homestudy and agency fees. We still have a few more months to come up with it but as we all know there is going to be MANY more fees and payments to fundraise for in the future. There is so much work to be done but God is faithful and He is spurring on my faith. Ever so gently whispering "I am here, I am with you, do not worry! I will provide. It is my Joy!"


hi there, i recently stumbled upon your blog-i really can't remember how now. anyway, we too live in south austin and are in the process of becoming foster parents to hopefully adopt through that program. i will be following your blog to see if there is anything we can ever do to help support you guys. so exciting and encouraging to see how God is already making a way for your family.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to "meet" you Jen! Thank you for following along. That is great news to hear about your family! Alisa <><
ReplyDelete