One reason that I can share and that has been on the forefront of our minds is our LOA ( Letter of Approval) for Peter. The celebration of having our dossier approved a couple of weeks ago was followed by a lot of silence. Where was our LOA? Others were coming and going and still ours remained unsent.
Such little faith. I wavered. I let the waves of doubt and fear toss me around. Last night was my breaking point. My tears were turning bitter. There was just too much heartache and I told Nathan I needed a night out. So what did I do?
I joined the baby registry at Target :) Something about holding a device that gave some "control" and allowed me to plan and look forward to the future was comforting.
I then met with a sweet friend for Starbucks and I was able to come home refreshed, with my heart much lighter. I am so thankful that God knows ours hearts, He knows just what we need to get us through, to hold and sustain us.
I made a promise that evening to longer hound my agency about it. I needed to let go. I knew they were looking out for us. Ultimately I needed to trust The Lord and his timing.
This morning Nathan woke me up and started reading to me an e- mail." Wait.... wah....." I was trying to focus my eyes on him and really hear what he was saying.
"Our LOA has been sent! It will be at the agency on Monday!"
The news is STILL sinking in. I am starting to get excited but I don't think it will fully hit me until it is in our hands on Tuesday.




No comments:
Post a Comment