I cried when I read this.....like baby! It was one of those fingerprints of God moments, I had went looking for some encouragement on this very subject. Knowing this website had a forum I was going to just randomly post some questions to some strangers only to find a whole blog dedicated to encouraging fundraising adoptive parents! I hope this may be an encouragement to someone else out there who may need it :)
http://www.wearegraftedin.com/299/fundraising-facts-101/
I know we just announced our fundraising but I was surprised to be meet with the "silence" that she talks about right out of the gate. This article could not have came at a better time. I needed the encouragement! It was these words that set my heart at ease:
"What God favors he funds......it is already done"
This is about a child being an orphan no more! A child that some in the world said had no future. But Jesus died to give her a future and a hope! He spoke into eternity before she was ever born " I have a plan for her life!" We were all once orphans! But through Jesus He paid the price! It is already done! We can now be called son's and daughter's of God! Now we pursue our daughters physical need for a family (and our need for her) and her spiritual need too meet the same Father that gave us our spiritual adoption.
I know we have a long way to go, but I have a peace. Our fundraiser Yard Sale is still 20 days away. I am praying that the word will spread and it will be a huge success! Pray for me, that God would give me wisdom on how to spread the word. As much as I am a chatty box in person, I am rather timid behind the scenes when it comes to new people/situations and I am just so new to this. I really get in the way of my self sometimes. I really am going to need to the help of my family,church family/friends on this journey to help advocate for our Selah Joy. It will be long road full of up and downs but SO WORTH it! SHE is worth it!!!! :)
If you live in the Austin area please spread the word FACEBOOK, TWITTER, E-MAIL, BLOG and let others know of our adoption Yard Sale on September 18th 2010. It will take place here in Kyle. We are still looking for donations, we have plenty of room cleared out in our garage. We can be contacted at nathan_coriell@yahoo.com and can arrange pick up :)
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment