Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Stirring Of My Heart!

How is it that my feet have not been on this ground more than 5 minutes and I have witnessed a miracle? I came off a plane with a hope filled heart. Saw a symbol of peace, watched an event that confirmed my hearts desire and when looking forward my heart was stirred for more.  I could have been on any other given flight at any given time. Yet we got here at just the right time! His timing is perfect. God help me remember this on this long journey ahead! The rest of the trip would prove it is not all about the emotional high....they are many low points and especially for the  children from hard places.

We got out of the main airport and into the ground transportation area. Originally we planned to take a shuttle to our hotel (renting a car was out of the question $$$ )and sense the hotel said the would provide transportation to the conference we really only needed a ride to and from the airport (or so we thought). We checked in with the Taxi service first...hmmmm more than the shuttle online quote, so we went over to the shuttle service. Hello! That is the same price as the Taxi and w/ the Taxi we would could leave right then, just the two of us, no waiting on other stops along the way. So taxi it was! The service guy asked if we were newlyweds...LOL!  No, just two parents of two getting away for the first time! I could only imagine the look/comments we would have got had we said our first time away is centered around adopting! Ok so first time in a taxi...it was clean, smelled of burning incense and the music was assortment of indian tunes. It was a quiet ride to the hotel, I was taking in how beautiful MN is! Pine trees.....I miss pine trees! Maybe I am still floating on my emotional high from the airport but my spirit is at complete rest. Or maybe it's that Texas has taught me home is not where you live it is attitude, a spirit. I already miss my kiddos like crazy! However I know they are having a blast with Gram! I later find out that they had fun at 31 flavors  .31 cent scoop day. Later at the park Noah needed to use the potty but there was none in sight and no one in sight so his Auntie taught him how to go pee the nature way (Ahhhhhh!) I guess he must have been disturbed by it because he later mentioned that he did not want to go in the grass ever again. LOL!




                                             Looks like Madelynn had her fair share of fun :)

                                Can you see the sugar trance Noah is in! Thanks Aunt Jess!

  After settling in at the hotel we walked down the road to a nearby restaurant.



Only to order BBQ of course! LOL! It was yum! 




We also meet up with a really cool guy Jason Kovacs  at dinner ;) He is a pastor at our church and also works with this great organization http://www.abbafund.org/which helps adopting parents with interest free loans. It was really great meeting up with him and getting to hang with him throughout the rest of the trip! It was an amazing start to our trip and the conference had yet to begin!

to be continued .....

2 comments:

  1. so sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you at summit! glad you have connected with jason...he and his wife shawnda are friends of ours...they are a precious family. jason is the most amazing resource for all things orphan and adoption related! looking forward to checking in on your journey : ) blessings on you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small small world! I will be praying for you and Amy and the work God will do through Bloom!

    ReplyDelete